Monday, April 27, 2009

Is she for real?

So I'm at work and I get called to the front of the store to help a customer. I find this lady holding a tea pot that has a weird mark on it. She tells me that she wanted this tea pot but this was the last one and it had something wrong with it's appearance so she asked an employee for a discount. She then told me that she "had been in the store only 20 minutes and she heard this girl swear twice, once while she was marking it down for me 10% (which isn't enough by the way) and another time. She didn't swear at me, but she swore." Now as I'm about to laugh at the lady because I think she is being ridiculous already she asks me for more of a discount because she heard our employee swear. The silliest thing was she was totally serious that it offended her. I later asked the girl what she said and the word was shit because the machine that makes tickets is sometimes finicky. Some people are silly.

2 comments:

  1. People CAN complain about language, you just needed to say sorry and you would have a talk with your employee.
    Believe it or not there are some people offended by swearing.
    At my work place I swore like a drunken Sailor all the time. I don't know why the boss never asked me to stop, because there was a swearing policy. He wouldn't say anything unless someone complained about me, I guess no one I worked with was bothered by my mouth. Swearing is a stress reliever so says this article:

    http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/10/17/swearing-study.html

    The study found that swearing didn't take place in front of or within close proximity to customers, but privately among employees.

    Younger managers are more tolerant of swearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this vid would offend Her?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UA578yQ5g&feature=PlayList&p=8877344B6FE69DAF&index=0&playnext=1

    ReplyDelete